Levitation

I have been wanting to try out levitation photography since the beginning of the summer and I finally gathered all the tools and props needed to create my photo.

To walk you through,  I first tied some fishing string to my coffee mug and then tied the other end onto a command hook so that I could hang it on the wall.

All that happens next is putting your hand underneath the mug so that it looks like you are holding it and all that's left is to take the photo.

Since the string is still visible in the photo, I opened up the image in Photoshop and used the healing brush tool to erase the string. I then went into Lightroom to do some more editing and to make the image the way I wanted it. Here's the final product:


I really like the coolness of this photo - I think the blues really make the mug pop. Something I would do different next time is use a different lens. I used a 35mm lens for this photo, but I would have liked to see more background instead of the subject being so up close.



Comments

Popular Posts